High Priority – Game Art
1) Is the mesh clean?
Check for: Clean topology, Double vertices, Broken edges, Inverted faces, etc.
2) Is the pivot and mesh location correct?
Often this should be at the scene center, bottom center of an object, or rotation point for animation.
3) Are the Transform, Rotate & Scale values correct?
Reset your transform values. Don’t freeze them so the values read 0, but it’s actually not.
4) Is the scale correct?
Check scene and object scale. Confirm correct exporting scale.
5) Is the normal smoothing correct?
Especially important when baking normal maps. Use Weighted Vertex Normals.
Changes these afterwards will break your normal maps.
6) Are the UV channels correct?
Check and clean up the UV channel list.
7) Are the materials correctly assigned?
Check the material list, material assignment and material names.
8) Is the naming correct?
Meshes: SM_ / SK_ObjectName_01
Textures: T_TextureName_C, _M, _R, _N
9) Is the hierarchy correct?
Correct root groups, skeleton hierarchy, rigging, etc. A common example:
10) Are the animations correct?
Check for: Correct FPS (30), No animations on root object, Correct curves, Correct looping.
11) Correct timeline frame length and/or animation tracks?
Check for: Correct track/clip amount and naming, Correct time line length per track/clip.
12) Check correct export settings
Check for: What to export, Export unit scale, Format version, Animations & bake/sample rate.